POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video editing : Re: Video editing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video editing
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 18 Jan 2008 12:09:29
Message: <4790dd49$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> somebody wrote:
>
>> Editing is too generic a word. What exactly do you need to do?
>
> Take several chunks of video. Cut 'em up. Stick them back together in a
> different order. Maybe remove bits or duplicate them. Repeat until it
> looks good.

	A bit heavy for avidemux's purposes (also only one file at a time). If
you're willing to do the work, you can use it to edit out the portions
you want from each file, save each portion to separate files, and in a
nice format, and use another tool to simply join them together.

	Google for "cinelerra". I've never used it, but have heard it can get
quite heavy on your computer.

	Other options (more regular PC friendly) that I've heard of, but not
used, and probably do what you want:

- Kdenlive
- Kino ("You can load multiple video clips, cut and paste portions of
video/audio...")
- Lives

--
"I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go!" - Bumper Sticker

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl