POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video editing : Re: Video editing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video editing
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 18 Jan 2008 11:59:31
Message: <4790daf3@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Well, *you* try finding software that will encode it. (Without paying
> money.) Plenty of decoders, no (free) encoders.

	Eh? mplayer has already been mentioned. I'd be surprised if transcode
doesn't do it either. Avidemux probably has this as well.

	And if you want DVD authoring, or a suite that will take video files
and create a DVD out of it (both the MPEG and structure), there are a
bunch around. Google for "tovid". Maybe a bit painful in the beginning,
but once you figure out the settings to use, just save them somewhere.

	Also google "any2dvd".

> And it's not just MPEG-2. A playable DVD requires a particular file
> structure and lots of metadata. (And a root menu...) I hear it's
> possible to build a usable video DVD using k3b, but after the first
> dozen pages of the HOWTO I decided it was just way too complicated.

	AFAIK, you can burn a video disc using k3b (and probably any burning
software). I didn't know k3b helps create that structure.

>>> Anybody know of something good for editing inbetween?
>>
>>   Something which doesn't cost humongous amounts of money? Nope.
>
> Mmm, OK. I was kind of thinking that in this age of OSS almost
> everything seems to have a free implementation somewhere. Oh well...

	It all depends on what kind of editing you want. For very basic needs,
avidemux does the job well.

--
"I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go!" - Bumper Sticker

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl