POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 18 Jan 2008 11:43:07
Message: <4790d71b$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
>>> What have you been doing and are you really back?
>> Well, in a nutshell,
>
> Interesting times and looking up. :)

Indeed!

> Pov is just the thing for hotel rooms, I find.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, actually. ;)

> What is a field training school for Media Research?

Basically, I get to learn how to rip apart TVs, VCRs, whatever, and
stick things into them. :P

Picture Nielsen as doing surveys on what people watch as they watch
them.  I'm kind of at a loss for words this morning but you can read a
little more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_Media_Research

That article talks about diaries being the primary measurement method.
Metering video equipment is the other method and that's the one that I'm
going to be dealing with.  It's really interesting so far.

--
-Ian