POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd : Re: xkcd Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Jan 2008 10:44:56
Message: <4790c978$1@news.povray.org>

4790b842@news.povray.org...
> Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> Actually I do, and by that measure making the iPhone the invention of the
>> year doesn't necessarily make it any good, or popular, or used.
>
>  I'm not saying you are this kind of person, but I have noticed that
> there are many people who, for whatever reason I cannot really comprehend,
> vehemently oppose Apple and its innovations by principle.

It has less to do with Apple itself than with its fanboys. I've known a
couple of Apple fanboys and girls, and while they're adorable, they'd make
anyone want to bash Apple by principle. Apple is just another company making
hardware and software, certainly good and innovative, but the way the
fanboys talk it sounds like a freaking religion with Jobs as a prophet, and
the Apple marketing plays right into that. There was one Apple commercial
that compared Apple to Gandhi and Martin Luther King, for instance, and my
Apple friends just loved it in spite of the appalling stupidity of the
comparison. Linux fanboys are a different kind of annoying and somehow
cultish too, but at least they don't swoon over buttons and colour schemes.

G.