POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd : Re: xkcd Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Jan 2008 05:58:35
Message: <4790865b$1@news.povray.org>

479073b2$1@news.povray.org...

> Random fact: I know who the 11th president of the USA was, but I have no
> idea what the name of the PM of the UK is...

Hmm, well. From what you say, you're not willing to understand the world
(and particularly people), except for the bits of trivia that do interest
you, and the occasional pair of mammaries that floats, sadly out of reach,
in your field of vision. Of course, you're fully entitled to do that.
However, keep in mind that by willingly shutting out the rest of the world,
you're actually shutting yourself in. If you're making the world - which is
made from something else than fancy algorithms - invisible to you, you can't
complain that you are invisible to it. That's a two-way relationship.
Abstruse programming languages make poor friends.

Let's quote John Donne, fellow brothers: "No man is an island, entire of
itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main".

G.