POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd : Re: xkcd Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xkcd
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 18 Jan 2008 04:41:53
Message: <47907461$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>> Interesting. I tend to think that actions rather than thoughts are what
>> gets things done.
>
> Because there are actions that are not backed by thoughts?

No - I just meant that thinking about something doesn't make anything
happen. Performin actions makes things happen. I tend to focus on the
actions that companies take, rather than the individuals who thought of
them, or why.

>> If you're saying "employers want people who know who Stallman is", then
>> maybe you're right. I don't know. I haven't got a clue what employers
>> actually look for. You probably know more about this than I do.
>
> You still don't get it. Having a job with a certain level of qualification
> implies that you maintain a some awareness of what's going on in your area
> of expertise.

My area of expertise is computer technology, not economics or business
climate or whatever the latest buzzword for it is. That's all.

> This is *** expected *** in any job that entails expertise.

As I said, maybe you're right. I don't really know.

> The problem is not about *** being *** a idiot, it's about not *** sounding
> *** like one.

OK, fair enough.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/