POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2008 20:49:34
Message: <479005ae$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> What happens if you feel you were racially/sexually/...lly discriminated
> against during the selection process?  Is there nothing you can do if
> the employer won't give you any reason why you weren't employed?

Typical of the USA, I expect you start lawyering up. I.e., first you
ask, and if they won't tell, or you don't believe them, you have the
lawyer ask.

I don't think it's illegal to refuse to hire someone for no reason at all.

Generally, you need to show that the employer illegally discriminates,
which generally means you have to show they turned down lots of
qualified minorities, rather than just you. Unless, of course, you have
some particular reason to believe it was discrimination, like the
interviewer told you they don't hire <minority> here.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it