POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up : Re: New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New web design mock-up
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jan 2008 07:49:30
Message: <478f4eda@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

>> Personally, I dislike sans serif typefaces. But apparently nobody else
>> does, so...
>
> I like sans serif, but besides that, research show that serif typefaces are
> easier to read in print and sans serif are easier to read on the screen, so
> they're mostly used that way.

You're probably right about that. Computer screens still have nowhere
near the resolution of a half-decent printed page, so...

>> The logo of your head looks like it could use a bit more antialias. It
>> looks kinda grainy at the moment, while the rest of the page is
>> deliciously smooth and crisp.
>
> Yeah, that part is still mock-up.

Ah well. ;-)

>> PS. Is your neck really that long?
>
> Apparently - the "drawing" is in fact a manipulation of a real photo.

Yes, I had a feeling it might be...

>> PPS. I really suck at designing things to make them look good... :-(
>
> Have you tried? It takes exercise... :)

I'm sure I commented on this a while back, but for example I once tried
to put a product box inside a POV-Ray render, and I was unable to make
it look like anything except a very cheap no-brand thing from a local
market...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/