POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video editing : Re: Video editing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video editing
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jan 2008 07:46:04
Message: <478f4e0c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> It's kinda frustrating that everything has to be at such a low
>> resolution to go onto a DVD. But then, when you watch it on TV... well
>> let me put it this way. I put a test render on there at half
>> resolution once. It looked horrid on my computer screen.
>
> Even if you sat the same distance from your computer screen as you did
> from the TV?

ESPECIALLY if you sat at the same distance!!

But then, people usually don't, and presumably the TV screen is designed
with this in mind. (For example, the three phosphore bands are clearly
visible to the naked eye on a TV screen. On a computer monitor, you'd
need a lense of some kind to see them...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/