POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jan 2008 13:37:29
Message: <478e4ee8@news.povray.org>
> Employees can quit any time. Employers can fire you at any time.

  Here employees have to notify their employers one month in advance
before quitting. (I assume there might be some exceptions in very
special circumstances such as being physically incapable of working.)
Employers have to notify the employee three months in advance before
they fire him, and they can't fire him for any reason they want
(although, I would imagine, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with
a perfectly legal reason to do so). This is probably one of the reasons
why employers like to contract employees on limited job contracts only,
as they can just terminate the employment when the contract ends
(I suppose a job contract having a termination date is equivalent to
having announced the "firing" of the employee well in advance).

  Of course there are situations were employees can be "fired" right
away, without the 3-month warning, but those circumstances are usually
rather catastrophical (such as the company suddenly becoming bankcrupt).

--
                                                          - Warp