POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2008 12:21:44
Message: <478e3d28$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Maybe it's a bit of a counter-reaction (if not even an over-reaction)
> to the dangers of communism?

I think it's more corporations having more access to politicians than
most people.

Employees definitely have a wide variety of rights here. Sure, not as
many as in Europe.  But forcing the *potential* employer to tell you why
you didn't get picked for a job isn't one of them. Honestly, I can't
imagine what use it would be if people just said "we didn't hire you
because the people who interviewed you didn't like you."

Employees can quit any time. Employers can fire you at any time. Unless
you mutually agree. There are certain employers who can't fire you
easily (mostly government) and certain employees who can't quit easily
(mostly government) and unions and unemployment insurance and stuff like
that.

But until you're actually employed, there aren't a whole lot of laws
protecting you - mostly just anti-discrimination stuff, which apply
pretty much equally to looking for jobs, buying houses, and so on.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it