POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video editing : Re: Video editing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video editing
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jan 2008 05:54:43
Message: <478de272@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I found a program called Virtual Dub which I use to convert a list of
> stills into an animation file. I'm told it also has some kind of video
> editing capabilities. (I haven't actually investigated this part yet.)

  VirtualDub is not a video editing software. It's basically a program to
decode and then encode video (using existing codecs in your system), with
support for some filters which can be applied to the video.

  The main purpose of VirtualDub is to re-encode videos (from one format,
eg. raw or mpeg2, to another, eg. mpeg4, of from one format to the same
format but with different compression settings).

> My DVD burner came with some software that will transcode video into the
> secret format that DVD players will play.

  I didn't know MPEG-2 was so secret of a format.

> It also has some minimal
> editing facilities. (To be honest, it seems to be more interested in
> designing cute fluffy menu systems for the disk...)

  DVD creators are not video editing software per se.

> Anybody know of something good for editing inbetween?

  Something which doesn't cost humongous amounts of money? Nope.

--
                                                          - Warp