POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm asking... uh, dude... why? : Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why?
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2008 01:17:49
Message: <478da18d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> because hardware depreciation is 3-5 years,

... which has little to do with it ...

(Depreciation has nothing to do with how fast something wears out, even
in theory.)

> and often times, hardware isn't even supported for 10 years.

There is that.

One of the reasons digital phones never really took off in the US is the
federal government required AT&T to plan for equipment to last 30 to 50
years when installed. Not a real short innovation cycle there.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it