POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just wondering : Re: Just wondering Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just wondering
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jan 2008 17:28:49
Message: <478d33a1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:15:37 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> So, given a typical PC, how much would it actually cost to equip it such
> that you can record and play back TV with it? What actual hardware and
> software does this require?

A capture card is needed, and I'd recommend a sufficient amount of
memory, disk space, and a decent video card for playback.

Over here, capture cards vary in price; Hauppage is a popular brand from
what I've read/seen.  There are some limitations, though - some won't do
digital channels, most won't do scrambled channels, etc.  Pricing is
going to vary from a few hundred bucks to a few thousand (depending on
what other upgrades you need).

Jim