POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jan 2008 13:25:25
Message: <478cfa95$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:09:44 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

>>> Ah yes... I keep having these delusions that somebody actually gives a
>>> **** about my life. Sorry about that...
>>
>> Well, don't be.  Just because a few people complain doesn't mean you
>> should stop what you're doing.  If you changed direction everytime one
>> or two people said "dude, you suck!", you'd never get anything
>> accomplished.
>
> Hmm... perhaps this is why I have never accomplished anything in my
> entire life?

IMO, the best approach is not to worry about pleasing other people or
about what other people think.  Just be yourself.

I'm in charge of a somewhat large number of external instructors in my
job; if I spent all my time trying to please them all, I'd never get any
work done at all.  So I make my decisions based on my perception of
what's best for the majority of the group overall.  Some of them don't
like it, because they don't get special treatment that they used to get.
Usually that's enough, but I've got a few who insist they be treated
differently.  That's too bad, because I'm not making exceptions for
friends of mine, so why should I make exceptions for someone who says
they should get one?

Overall, the group (several hundred members) has appreciated what I've
done.  The subset that are unhappy with me are a small minority, but they
can be very vocal.

Jim