POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm asking... uh, dude... why? : Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jan 2008 12:00:01
Message: <478ce691$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:52:07 +0200, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> Access-lists and mac-filtering prevents stupid users plugging open AP's
> etc to the network. Yes, it's some of a PITA to maintain, if devices
> change a lot, but usually they don't. And the improvement won't be
> massive.

Ah, yes, that would do it.  I was thinking along the lines of subnetting
making things more secure, which really, it doesn't.  You get some
additional segmentation of broadcast traffic, and it's harder to sniff
outside the wiring closet, but in a client/server environment, most of
the interesting traffic ends up on one subnet anyways...

Jim