POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jan 2008 10:46:38
Message: <478cd55e@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:39:19 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Chambers wrote:
>
>> Hey, congrats on hearing back!  Did he give you any useful advice?
>
> Not really, no. Just the standard "unfortunately you have not been
> selected. Thank you for your continued interest in our company and we
> wish you every success in your future endevours" or something.

Well, don't be discouraged by it - not everyone's going to hire you.

After writing my first book, I interviewed for a position at Iomega.
Even gave them a copy of the book, and blew away the technical interview.

They still didn't ask me back; I didn't have the right letters after my
name; I held no certifications at all at the time, and they wanted to see
that.  At the time I was one of about 35 people answering questions on
CompuServe for Novell, which ought to have been enough.  Getting the cert
wasn't easy - but not terribly difficult either, whereas being invited to
that rather elite group was on a peer recommendation basis, and they/we
were VERY hard to impress.

Unfortunately for Iomega, my experience counted little for anything
compared to the letters after my name.  <shrug>  Their loss.

Jim