POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm asking... uh, dude... why? : Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why?
From: Tom Austin
Date: 15 Jan 2008 08:50:47
Message: <478cba37$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> OK, so the company I work for is moving to a new building.
>
> As part of the move, I thought it would be nice to buy some new gigabit

> brand you buy. But when HQ got wind of this, they said "oh no, you must
> buy these Cisco switches, that way they'll match what everybody else has".

To be honest, it sounds like an opportunity to work with some nice
equipment.  It will mean a bit more work for you - but that is also
experience.  Sure, you may have to reconfigure them to be 'dumb'
switches, but you can still play around with them and learn more
networking fun!

To be honest, it sounds like there are a lot of frustrations at your
work.  Pick and choose wisely which frustrations will get you all hot
and bothered.  Otherwise you will likely be burned out and very unhappy
all the time.

This sounds like one of those things where I would shrug my shoulders
and say 'goodie - shiny new toy'.

Tom