POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : toads, kids : Re: toads, kids Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toads, kids
From: scott
Date: 15 Jan 2008 07:39:28
Message: <478ca980@news.povray.org>
> I remember a friend of mine caught a tadpole from this little murky
> looking pond. Plopped the thing in its aquarium. We watched it grow legs,
> and arms, and eventually take the form of a frog, then released it,
> probably to an early death as a road pancake. But it sure was cool to see
> it change form over the weeks.

We used to start off with 100s of tadpoles in our pond.  I'd watch them
grow, but mostly I'd watch them getting eaten by the fish.  At the end we
maybe had 5 or 6 each year that made it to frogs.  One year we tried to take
out the frogspawn and put it in an aquarium, but something wasn't right
because none survived.