POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : toads, kids : Re: toads, kids Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toads, kids
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Jan 2008 07:23:46
Message: <478ca5d2$1@news.povray.org>
bluetree wrote:
> Is it cruel to go to a pond in mating season and to catch a male toad and to
> wear it as a watch, because they clutch everything when they are in heat?
> Things we did in our youth, nowadays kids don't even know how a toad looks like,
> because they've never met one in their shooting games!!
> Freaking topic led me to that freaking question. Freaky, hm?
> Yeah, the good old times!
>
> bluetree

Freaking toads.

I remember a friend of mine caught a tadpole from this little murky
looking pond. Plopped the thing in its aquarium. We watched it grow
legs, and arms, and eventually take the form of a frog, then released
it, probably to an early death as a road pancake. But it sure was cool
to see it change form over the weeks.