POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Warp
Date: 14 Jan 2008 09:15:25
Message: <478b6e7c@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> but it was the design flaws that drove me nuts.

  There were, of course, also physical incorrectness at places. For example,
the shadowed parts of the ship were lighted by an unknown (bluish) light
source, even in interplanetary space. Stars don't light that much, and
there's obviously nothing to reflect that much light to the shadowed parts.

> >   Anyways, as for being incomprehensible... Only the last 15 minutes or
> > so were incomprehensibly abstract (and, according to the director,
> > completely on purpose), but everything before that was quite clear and
> > straightforward.

> Well you do also go to a jump from radio burst on the Moon to a 18 month
> later ship heading to Jupiter, which may make you go 'huh, what happened
> then?'

  Such jumps are quite a common storytelling method. I didn't find it
confusing at all.

--
                                                          - Warp