POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : Re: Electric sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electric sheep
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jan 2008 05:57:55
Message: <478b4033@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> So, it prerenders a bunch of stills, and then creates MPGs transitioning
> between them?

Pretty much, yes.

> No, thanks.  Aside from the fact that I set my monitor to turn itself
> off when I'm not using it, I recommend that people use Folding @Home to
> waste their spare CPU cycles :)

I'd actually prefer to run it as a stand-alone application rather than a
screen saver, but hey.

I guess I'm the sort of low-intelligence person who is easier fascinated
by simple visual tricks like this. I also enjoy watching fire, and I
used to sit and watch the washing machine. Sometimes I sit and watch
rain, or river turbulence... I guess I'm just stupid.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/