POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My mouse : My mouse Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  My mouse
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jan 2008 04:55:35
Message: <478b3197@news.povray.org>
OK, so check this out... At home I have a wireless optical mouse. I've
had it for several years now, and it has always worked perfectly.

However, a few weeks ago I reinstalled Windoze. And ever since that
point in time, the mouse hasn't worked properly. Most of the time it
works normally, but every now and then it suddenly stops working
completely. The light on the base station still twinkles when I move it
or press the buttons, but the computer fails to respond. (Keyboard
commands work, just not mouse commands.)

The *only* thing that fixes this condition is a reboot. No amount of
reconnecting the USB cable has any effect.

Obviously, this is intensely frustrating, far beyond my powers of
description. Last night I was playing an official TF2 match, and my
mouse quit working. That means I now can't shoot, steer, look around, or
talk to my teammates over Ventrillo.

[In spite of this - and much to my amusement - I managed to actually
capture a control point. Basically I staggered in there sideways and
nobody tried to stop me. And my teammates had done almost all the work
first... Basically the two teams clashed, everybody died, and then I
stumbled in. What fluke!]

Anyway, does *anybody* have *any* idea why reinstalling Windoze has made
my mouse malfunction so badly??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/