POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm asking... uh, dude... why? : Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why?
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jan 2008 04:27:18
Message: <478b2af6$1@news.povray.org>
>> They want everybody to use the same brand and model of... well,
>> everything actually.
>
> You know, that's not such a bad policy (when used reasonably).

No, it's not really.

Or rather, it's a good policy if the thing you choose to standardise on
is a good choice. In this case, apart from the astronomical cost,
choosing Cisco is a pretty sensible choice (if a little overkill).

> ) What can this equipment do that you currently cannot do with your
> network?

I'm guessing it's possible to configure these routers so you can monitor
traffic from any node. [Not that I will be given the tools necessary to
do this.]

It should also be easier to set up strange network configurations
temporarily if the need arrises. [Again, I won't be allowed to do this.]

> ) What might change over the next five years to make this equipment a
> good choice?

Hopefully I won't be working here long enough to care...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/