POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wierd Science #3 : Re: Wierd Science #3 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wierd Science #3
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 13 Jan 2008 16:02:05
Message: <478a7c4d$1@news.povray.org>
> http://news.scotsman.com/ViewArticle.aspx?articleid=2739585
>
> Beam me up Scotty...?
>
> Even string theory sounds more probable than this...:oP

"If the theory is correct then this is science fact, not science fiction."

My God, the man's a genius! :-0

I'm loving the whole idea of "another dimension where the speed of light
is much higher". It's almost like that quote from Futurama...

["We'll be at Fosma Prime in about 3 hours." "That's impossible -
*nothing* can travel faster than the speed of light." "Oh yes, yes...
That's why in 2124, we raised the speed of light." "That's *especially*
impossible."]

Seriously though. These guys are talking about ideas that involve
radically changing our understanding of the universe. To say that a
working device is "5 years away" is lah-lah talk.

Still... congrats on the US DoD funding. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/