POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need rendered stills? : Re: Need rendered stills? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need rendered stills?
From: Warp
Date: 13 Jan 2008 01:51:48
Message: <4789b504@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I've been very, very shocked to realize one of these days that much of what we
> think as 3D imagery in highend CG in the movies these days are actually
> hand-drawn in photoshop or whatever rather than 3D rendered.

  Personally I find it sad that so much work done without computers (or, in
some cases done with computers but not with a 3D renderer, as in your case)
goes dismissed as "just CGI".

  Great stunt work, miniatures with astounding attention to detail, robot
puppets which are incredibly realistic, etc. and the amount of expertise
and work put into them often go dismissed by most people as "just some
cheap CGI".

  My appreciation for the newer Planet of the Apes movie increased
ten-fold when I saw from the DVD extras how little they used CGI.

--
                                                          - Warp