POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken : Re: Plump Ken Server Time
2 May 2024 21:56:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plump Ken
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Jan 2008 08:51:10
Message: <4788c5ce$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
news:e1heo3hc8s2b4ioa07r2io0c1olb2pratd@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:26:33 +0100, "Thomas de Groot"
> <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Thomas, I hope that your move was not too traumatic.
It went rather smoothly to tell the truth, although the week before and the
week after the move were the most hectic and tiring. Won't do that too often
:-) But everything is fine now and we are enjoying ourselves.

> I tried a slightly different method from you and maybe from Janet. I
> created a
> separate directory for each figure and installed the downloads in there
> with
> their runtime structure. That way I have all the clothes, props and
> materials
> etc. for that figure in one library. I was going to report back on how
> that
> worked but I've developed an aversion to using my laptop due to the noise
> of the
> fans. Oh! Dear, more expense and I've finished my contract at Philips.

Yes, that is a good way to tackle things too I guess. Most important is that
it works for your specific case and workflow.
I agree about laptops. The noise is often irritating indeed.

Any plans after Philips?

Thomas