POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : Re: Missing sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missing sheep
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 11 Jan 2008 16:31:12
Message: <4787e020@news.povray.org>

> Well, today I got home to find that my PC has downloaded 630 sheep. And
> yet, there are only 450 sheep on the machine.
>
> *sigh*
>
> So I increased the cache size, and that seemed to fix the problem.
> However, now some of my favourit sheep are gone. And I can't figure out
> how to get them back. :-( [Most puzzlingly, I can't find them on the
> sheep website either...]

The screensaver deletes sheep to keep the cache size within the limit
you set. Factors to choose which to delete are: older, and less voted.
The server also deletes videos from the website (it doesn't exactly have
infinite disk space). Same factors used in choosing.

The preview image and the "genome" are kept on the server for *all*
sheep, even year-old ones. So try harder and you may find it. If the
video was already deleted, I could help you re-render it :)