POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fatal curiosity : Re: Fatal curiosity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fatal curiosity
From: Warp
Date: 11 Jan 2008 11:51:28
Message: <47879e8f@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> [According to the Royal Institute Christmas Lectures, males are
> statistically more prone to risk-taking behaviour than females. Or, as
> the lecturer put it, "we're more stupid"...]

  Actually no. No matter what PC advocates want to claim, there are
differences (in average) between the male and female way of thinking.

  Males are (again, in average) risk-takers while females aren't. Males
present much more often extreme behavior than females. For example the
majority of scientifical geniuses are male, as well as the majority of
serial killers. Males are usually the ones who take big risks eg. in
business, while females usually don't. (And no, individual counter-examples
do not nullify the average.)

  It has nothing to do with stupidity.

--
                                                          - Warp