POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm asking... uh, dude... why? : Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why?
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jan 2008 11:05:53
Message: <478793e1$1@news.povray.org>
>> You can argue about the names.
>
> There's no argument about the names.  I won't let you
> call an apple an orange without pointing out that it
> really is an apple (although it may have an orange hue to it).

My point is I'm less worried about names and more worried about what it
actually *does*. ;-)

>> The point is it provides wildly more
>> functionallity than we actually need.
>
> Based on your description of your network, that sounds true.
> It's kind of like frying an egg with a nuclear reactor.
> (Well not to that extreme, but you catch my drift.)
> Have you asked them why they opted for the more expensive Cisco units?

They want everybody to use the same brand and model of... well,
everything actually. And Cisco is undeniably the best brand on the market...

As for why the multiple submets... er... I have no idea.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/