POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm asking... uh, dude... why? : Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm asking... uh, dude... why?
From: scott
Date: 11 Jan 2008 07:50:06
Message: <478765fe@news.povray.org>
>> They're far from simple boxes.
>
> Then it's not a switch, is it?

Cisco call it a switch.

> A switch is a device that just connects network nodes together.

Not according to Wikipedia:

"Network switches are capable of inspecting data packets as they are
received, determining the source and destination device of that packet, and
forwarding it appropriately"

The fact that you can configure these rules in complex ways and on a per
port basic doesn't mean it becomes a router - it's still a switch.