POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 11 Jan 2008 06:27:58
Message: <478752be$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> Perhaps you have not been subjected to LISP Gail.  (Apologies in
>> advance if you have).
>>
>> Two of the fundamental operations are taking the head item of a list
>> using CAR and taking the remainder of the list using CDR.
>
> In Haskell, we just call these "head" and "tail"... ;-)

Well that's just crazy :)

Actually some LISP implementations have 'first' and 'rest' for the same
reason - to make it easy for chardonnay quaffing pinko tree-hugging
clueless newbs who wouldn't recognise an assembly mnemonic without it
being colour syntax highlighted in 24-point consolas font and given
bubble help.

One nice thing in LISP is that there are forms like caadr as shorthand
for (car (car (cdr ...))).