POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : A torrent of sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  A torrent of sheep
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jan 2008 04:33:25
Message: <478737e5$1@news.povray.org>
Well, it seems [with some difficulty] that it is possible to reconfigure
my ADSL router to allow inbound connections. I also adjusted the upload
and download limits on ES to 200 KB each way (was 100).

So far, the most noticable effect is that my outbound has gone from
about 3 KB to 20 KB.

Also, I notice with some puzzlement that in the evenings my download
rate is between 9 KB and 20 KB, but in the mornings its 90 or so.
(Actually, this morning it hit 120 KB. I guess those changed settings
make a difference...)

I also notice virtually no rendering taking place. I saw a comment
somewhere in the forums about "I'm keeping the flock quiet in
anticipation of ES 2.6.7 and high def rendering..." Interesting.

And finally... why does the "number of sheep on this computer" go down
from time to time?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/