POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken : Re: Plump Ken Server Time
2 May 2024 22:51:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plump Ken
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Jan 2008 03:26:32
Message: <47872838$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
news:5smcm3dobibfcma0i84f58s3oaf997rbtr@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:49:37 EDT, "Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
>
>>I used to have all my Poser stuff in one runtime libaray. It was a big
>>mess.
>>And Poser was taking a long time to load. When I got a new computer, I
>>took
>>a better approach. Since most of my Poser stuff is downloaded, I found it
>>easiest to just reinstall (for DAZ stuff) or unzip (for other stuff) into
>>new runtimes that were categorized. Similar to Thomas, a runtime for
>>animals, etc. I wouldn't attempt to do this by moving files around. It'll
>>take forever, and will be error prone. So, if you still have your
>>downloads
>>stashed somewhere, use them. The DAZ installers let you choose a
>>destination
>>directory, so its not a problem.
>>
>>Cheers, Janet
>
> Do you (or anyone) have advice on how to build the directory structure?
> I've just upgraded to Poser 7 and starting afresh - finally :)

Just back in business again (took somewhat longer than expected to be online
once more...).

Stephen, except for the runtime directories which are generated from the
downloads and which I should not meddle with, everything else (above the
runtime level that is) is up to you. It means that you can have several
different runtimes in different directories. For instance, in a directory
'Figures' you could generate a sub-directory 'Apollo', another 'Animals', or
yet another 'Aliens', etc. The same for hair, or props. Each sub-directory
would contain a runtime in which the downloads would write their specific
stuff, or where you can write your own creations in Poser. Hm, not sure if I
made myself clear...

Thomas