POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : Counting sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  Counting sheep
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 10 Jan 2008 17:02:54
Message: <4786960e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now, if I could make it download some more sheep... (You'd think 350
>> would be enough. However, it seems to be more like 15 actual images,
>> plus 15! morphs between them. Which isn't so interesting.)
>
> There aren't morphs for all possible combinations. Nowhere near that.

For what it's worth... I just checked the stats page. Flock 202 (the
current flock) contains 74 loops and 457 edges.

Weirdly, 74 loops *sounds* like a lot, but doesn't *look* like a lot
when you see them all at once:

http://sheepserver.net/v2d6/cgi/status.cgi

Also surprising, most of the votes are counted in single figures. I
would have expected them to run into tens of thousands, but apparently
not. I'm not sure whether this means each one gets approximately 50% up
and 50% down votes, or there are only about 10 people voting worldwide...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/