POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : Re: More sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More sheep
From: Rune
Date: 10 Jan 2008 14:29:09
Message: <47867205@news.povray.org>
"Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Rune wrote:
>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote?
>>> Now, if I could make it download some more sheep... (You'd think 350
>>> would be enough. However, it seems to be more like 15 actual images,
>>> plus 15! morphs between them. Which isn't so interesting.)
>>
>> Why 15! ?
>>
>> For X images, wouldn't the necassary morphs between them be only
>> X*(X-1)/2 and not X! ?
>
> Hmm. Your knowledge of combinatorics clearly exceeds mine considerably...
> :-}

Sounds odd, given that I don't understand most of the math you normally post
about here...

Anyway, since both forward and backwards morphs are needed, as well as the
loops themselves, that would be exactly X^2 animations if all loops should
be connected to all other loops (X loops and X*(X-1) transitions between
them).

Rune
--
http://runevision.com