POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 10 Jan 2008 12:16:31
Message: <478652ef$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>>         But anyway, I get amused with comments about "bad acting". What exactly
>> is bad acting? Can't seem to come up with an objective criterion.
>
>   Acting is bad when you notice that they are acting, ie. when it makes

	I very frequently notice people acting. As I mentioned, almost all the
actors in action movies are noticeably acting. It rarely corresponds to
behavior in real life situations.

	For me, it's highly subjective. If someone seems to be reciting lines,
(and it's not made clear that the character's personality should do it),
that's bad acting. Everything else is based on "fits well with the
scene", etc. I just can't be more objective.

	I have no issues with people liking/disliking the acting in movies.
Arguing about it, however, seems futile. "Good" acting almost comes down
to a personal preference. Like one's taste in music.

--
DOS means never having to live hand-to-mouse

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl