POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : Re: More sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More sheep
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 10 Jan 2008 11:36:29
Message: <4786498d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escribió:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
 > > Note that morphs cannot be played backwards and make sense.
 > Yes they can. But MPEG-2 doesn't make that real easy...

I know MPEG doesn't make it easy, but they wouldn't make sense anyway-
Try it. Make a video of A, A, B->A backwards, B, B. See if the morph
looks OK.

>> A->B and B->A videos are different, so both are needed if you wanted
>> all possible combinations.
>
> They *can* be different, but no mathematical law that says they must be.
> (However, ES seems to implement it this way.)

In the way ES works, the loop is "rotating". The morph is interpolating
sheep A to sheep B and *also* rotating. If you play it backwards, it
would be rotating backwards, and the sudden jump in "direction" is
really noticeable.