POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web gallery test : Re: Web gallery test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web gallery test
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 10 Jan 2008 11:28:11
Message: <4786479b$1@news.povray.org>
Rune escribió:
> I'm testing a new way to show images in full size for my gallery on my
> website. It uses JavaScript, but to my understanding, JavaScript is so
> widely used now that virtually noone have it turned off (or else there would
> be tons of sites they couldn't use).

I have it turned off. NoScript plugin disables Javascript for all pages
except those explicitly on the whitelist. "Virtually nobody has
Javascript turned off, so let's not bother about it" is like saying
"everyone has a lot of CPU and RAM nowadays so why bother optimizing".

> Anyway, it has an acceptable fallback behaviour.

More than acceptable, compared to other sites...

Comments about the zoom itself:

The background would look better as a real transparency; the black/white
1px checker looks ugly. You could leave it as fallback if the browser
doesn't support real transparency, though.

The X button is too small.