POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web gallery test : Re: Web gallery test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web gallery test
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jan 2008 10:21:19
Message: <478637ef$1@news.povray.org>
>> Besides, I want to save all the budget so we can buy *important* things
>> - like replacing all those 500 MHz PCs for example.
>

> Who is the most important person at your site - YOU.

Um... no, technically it's the people who sit in the lab and actually
generate income. Everybody else is auxhilery to them, technically.

> Who will get no respect if they look as if they are working on an Oxfam hand me
> down - YOU.

Heh. I'm the youngest person here. And I'm a computer nerd. I get no
respect anyway. ;-)

> Who is responsible for supplying equipment fit for purpose - THEM.

They don't seem to take that too seriously. [Although in the last few
days, it seems somebody has twisted the arm of the director of finance
to get more new PCs into the UK. Pitty they are all coming from Dell...]

> If I were Cute Girl, I wouldn't be seen dead talking to someone who has a
> monitor as bad as you describe.

LOL! If you were Cute QA Girl, then... damn... we'd be making out right
now! :-D Cos she's quite hot...

> I hope that you don't think that I'm getting at you but this is your first job
> and you seem not to know what is expected of you. Personally I think that your
> company are taking a loan of you. You are worth more than you are getting.

Benny said something similar. Apparently his son earns more than me by
stacking shelves at Tesco. Oh well...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/