POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 10 Jan 2008 06:33:27
Message: <47860287$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> [It sounds more like an angry mosquito than a roaring bear...]
>>
>> Yes. I wasn't implying that *all* of the sound effects were F1. Mainly
>> the high-speed flybys. They did the same thing in ROTJ with the
>> speeders on Endor, except the car-like sounds were masked more
>> cleverly in that.
>>
>> Not a major criticism, it definitely works well and evokes speed!
>
> I suppose theoretically a flying machine of this type wouldn't make any
> sound at all (except wind turbulence). That wouldn't be very exciting
> though, would it? ;-)

Which? A speeder? They have very small turbines tucked under their rear
ends, those would make some racket. And antigravity in the starwars
universe always seems to make at least a droning noise...

As for the podracers, they'd be deafening at close range. I once
experienced Concorde's engines from fifty yards and that was just
ridiculous.