POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 10 Jan 2008 06:13:20
Message: <4785fdd0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> I absolutely love the podrace, even if they did use F1 car sound
>> effects when they should have been using turbine engines!
>
> Clearly you haven't heard an F1 car recently. ;-)

Well, not at close range, but some of the dopplered sounds made by the
podracers going past the camera were identical to the sounds made by F1
cars going past the camera. Some of the in-cockpit sounds effects had
gear-shift noises, too, which you absolutely don't get with a turbine.

> [It sounds more like an angry mosquito than a roaring bear...]

Yes. I wasn't implying that *all* of the sound effects were F1. Mainly
the high-speed flybys. They did the same thing in ROTJ with the speeders
on Endor, except the car-like sounds were masked more cleverly in that.

Not a major criticism, it definitely works well and evokes speed!