POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : More sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  More sheep
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jan 2008 05:34:28
Message: <4785f4b4$1@news.povray.org>
Well, I left my PC running all of yesterday, and it managed to download
exactly 350 sheep. My viewing experience is now significantly more
interesting.

I find that much of the time, the action is too fast. There's a lot
happening, and you can't really watch it properly because it's too fast.
It would be nice if the transformations were slower so you could
appreciate the level of detail present. (OTOH, that would require more
render time, bandwidth and disk space...)

Also, often you'll see a transformation, it transforms into something
for a split second, and then instantly begins transforming into
something else before you even get to look at it properly. Which is
quite annoying.

And finally, often you get a slow moving loop, and then a very abrupt
change as it goes into another rapid morph. That's quite jarring.

However, overall it's rather fun to watch. Most of the time it hardly
looks like segments of pre-rendered video spliced together. It looks
like a single, long, fluid motion. (Shame about the low sample density
in places...) Many of the looping images are quite interesting and/or
beautiful. A rather larger number are quite bland. Overall it's quite
pleasing.

Now, if I could make it download some more sheep... (You'd think 350
would be enough. However, it seems to be more like 15 actual images,
plus 15! morphs between them. Which isn't so interesting.)

Oh, and during all of yesterday, my PC rendered 2 frames.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/