POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jan 2008 23:22:59
Message: <47859da3$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:19:38 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Sense was IMO the best of them.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> Unbreakable wasn't bad, but it wasn't overly good
>
> Way, *way* too long. If they'd chopped out 40 minutes or so, it would
> have been excellent.

Agreed, now that you mention it - that was the problem with it for me the
second time I watched it; I couldn't remember enough from the first time,
and it's because the story was too drawn out.

Drawing a story out can be done well (think LOTR books), but it's
something that takes a great degree of skill.  For me the LOTR books
demonstrated that because I just kept reading and didn't realize how much
I was reading.

>> Signs was just a confusing mess IMO.
>
> It wasn't too confusing to me. It was trying to be scary or something,
> or suspenseful, but it failed that too.  The only good bit of acting was
> when the brother or whoever it was was watching the TV and saw the
> creature and jumped back. *That* was convincing acting.

Yeah, that's what I meant - it was confusing not in plot or story, but in
what it was trying to be.  But you're right, that jump was very
convincing.

Jim