POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hyper-treading in PovRay : Re: hyper-treading in PovRay Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hyper-treading in PovRay
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 9 Jan 2008 19:24:16
Message: <478565b0$1@news.povray.org>
9 800 Euros = 14 414.82 U.S. dollars

Holy crap. No wonder though, and a relatively good value as well...

I have looked into a system with specs similar to:
4 quad core xeons,
RAID 10k rpm SAS drives,
dual SLI nvidia geforce 768mb 8800s,
32gb ddr3 RAM
But the closest thing I could get to that (but obviously did not) was from
Dell (boo..hiss) and was over $25K.

I'll just wait until my AmEx Black Card gets here and buy a Cray XT-4 with
320 processors.....
Which will happen just about as soon as NEVER!!  ;-p

Damn I do wish though...minimum mandatory $250k per year spending...

Ian