POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeff Wayne : Re: Jeff Wayne Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jeff Wayne
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jan 2008 11:55:00
Message: <4784fc64@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>>  3 was good, I liked the puzzle-bombing concept, but it all fell apart
>> a bit towards the end.
>
> Disagree. The end is what made it all worthwhile: that there was
> something other than just mad-bomber puzzles going on.

Yeah, it definitely needed something else, but it just felt like two
different stories shoe-horned into one movie for me.

>> Number 4 was surprisingly good but there was too much to-ing and fro-ing.
>
> Four with the power grid bit? That was awful. The hacker characters knew
> way too much about what was going on. For example, why would the
> computers at the electrical substation know what valves were opening and
> closing in the gas pipes in the next city over?  Dumb stuff like that
> kept pulling me out of it.

Well, surprisingly good is only a relative term! I did find most of the
plot devices pretty silly to be honest. Sounds like you had the same
sort of problems with this one as I had with the second one.