POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ink blot test : Re: Ink blot test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ink blot test
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 11:22:12
Message: <4784f4b4$1@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder wrote:

> I like February the best.  It contains interesting structures at several levels
> of scale.  Also, I find the color pallet subtle and pleasing.

Ah yes, the "icecream spiral". (So-called because its colours remind me
of various flavours of icecream. Yellow = vanilla, red = strawberry,
green = peppermint, blue = OMG, I'm going mad!) Also looks good on a
T-shirt.

<advert> Also, the image is rendered at 48 megapixels, so even if you
buy a poster that's 6 *feet* wide, it'll still print every tiny detail
at full 100dpi resolution. ;-) </advert> If I ever make enough sales,
maybe I can buy one of my posters to put on... a wall. LOL!

> I understand wanting to create your own Mandelbrot tool whether you "beat" Xaos
> or not. I hold firmly to the position that working with numbers for the sheer
> fun of doing it is a perfectly sane and reasonable thing to do - and eight of
> the ten "voices" agree with me.

Ooo, you're hearing voices too? :-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/