POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeff Wayne : Re: Jeff Wayne Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jeff Wayne
From: Warp
Date: 9 Jan 2008 10:52:06
Message: <4784eda6@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I enjoyed Speed.

  I may be quite alone in this opinion, but in Speed there's one scene where
there's one of the best acting performances I have ever seen. I don't know
exactly why it thrills me so much, but it just does. When I rented the movie
some time ago, I watched that scene over and over, and every time it was
equally awesome.

  The scene in question is the reaction of Sandra Bullock's character when
the bus hits the baby cart. As I said, I don't really know why, but I find
Bullock's acting in that specific scene absolutely superb. It just thrills
me every time I watch it.

  The only scene in any movie which I remember that parallels and even
surpasses this is in the movie The Shining. More precisely, the long
scene of the "talk" between Jack Nicholson's and Shelley Duvall's characters
after the latter discovers that the "novel" Jack has been writing is nothing
but the same phrase written over and over (all the way until Duvall's
character knocks Nicholson's out).
  For some reason I find the acting performance of both actors absolutely
superb. That's another scene which I have watched dozens of times, and it's
always as superb.

--
                                                          - Warp