POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ink blot test : Re: Ink blot test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ink blot test
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 08:16:11
Message: <4784c91b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> I am currently attempting to construct a Mandelbrot exploration tool of
>> my own...
>
>   Why? You'll never beat Xaos at that.

You think not?

Actually, my reason for building this tool is precisely to address a
limitation of Xaos. Zoom in and then zoom back out again, and Xaos will
recompute the pixels that scrolled off the screen. My plan is to build a
tool that will keep the data for every pixel ever drawn in a giant
on-disk database. I expect this to be highly useful for rendering long
zoom animations to disk - and also for fast interactive exploration. (At
least, the *second* time you visit an area anyway...)

As to whether the program ever reaches a useable state... we shall see.

[I also have plans for a more general-purpose fractal drawing tool more
like FractInt - i.e., with a healthy dose of different fractal types,
colouring algorithms, etc. But we'll see if that project ever goes
anywhere.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/