POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jan 2008 05:55:42
Message: <4784a82e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:09:03 -0800, Darren New wrote:
>
>> That, and the acting sucked. Which is hard to blame on the actors, given
>> how it was filmed.
>
> And the fact that the scripts generally sucked.  There wasn't a lot for
> the actors to work with, since most of the budget was blown on the
> effects.

I think the actors tried hard, but the script, as you say, was sub-par.
  Additionally, Lucas wasn't interested in honing dialogue or shooting
any re-takes at all (except for completely fluffed lines, sets falling
over etc). Consequently, the action and effects are awesome but the
actual character interaction feels really fake and unbelievable.

> It isn't about fan expectations - I went in with no expectations, and
> still I was disappointed.

I went in with mixed feelings, but I was pleasantly surprised. That
suggests I was expecting to be disappointed...!

I like all the Star Wars films, but I'll be the first to admit that
they're all seriously flawed in one way or another. Except maybe ESB.

Bill